Wednesday, July 13

paragraph 13

www.obolworld.blogspot.com
(paragraph 13)
Yesterday I thought I might finish writing this blog , at least for the time being, but checking through what I wrote, and scanning the news in today’s (London) Times, it as apparent to me that at least one more "paragraph" is needed before taking a break. (Paragraph 13, composed on 13th July!) I would emphasise, however, that what surfaces here, surfaces from not only a life-time of observation and thought, but especially from a quarter-century of newly reconsidering everything without exception as it comes to my attention, watching not only how it appears to my contemporaries, but at the same time how it fits into a rational, utopian viewpoint. This unceasing double-take has taxed my strength to the limit, and I cannot possibly do it justice in a limited presentation. What follows is what follows, nothing more. To do my situation justice, my fellows have to check me out thoroughly, not simply scan my words to see where they fit or do not fit with their own presuppositions. What I say on any subject derives necessarily from only partial knowledge, and needs to be refined by all other individuals who encounter it from the knowledge available to them in their particular position. Together we enter the earthly paradise, accepting guidance only so far as it is acceptable to each one, compulsion -- human compulsion that is -- being in obolworld a thing of the past.

An example, in all probability, is my sense of automatism. I suspect that, after a mind clearance such as I experienced 28 years ago, the sense of automatism that is known to occur on these occasions, would in contemporary society be feared as dangerously psychotic : freed of socially imbued constraints, an individual may feel afraid, and strike out psychopathically. But I felt paradisally peaceful and full of joy and "positive" energy, and this spread for a considerable time to my young family, for instance clearing health problems that had been troubling us. My one concern was to do nothing to upset this, while trying to discover the attendant conditions. I can recall events from that early period, but unfortunately the failure of my ideas to spread quickly, and my perseverance in giving them their chance, led to great hardship subsequently for us as a family, and my wife died of breast cancer some 15 years later. So her memory of those days is lost -- and unsubstantiated memories are always liable to error, the human mind being not only the most intricate known item in the cosmos, but also the least trustworthy. Nevertheless my experience leads me to hypothesise that, given a deep attachment to goodness, a "psychotic" mind clearance may well be a "divine" rather than "diabolic" event, and subsequent automatism a blessing rather than a curse. Everything depends on a society living in "peace, logic and love", rather than in conflict, confusion and fear.

The possibility of species transcendence was much in vogue in the sixties of the last century, and I was well educated both academically and by experience and travel. So my mind naturally considered what had happened and its consequences from every point of view. It was unattracted by the possibility that these events were a one-off, and concerned not only not to lose the benefits so unexpectedly vouchsafed, but also to consider their possible relevance to my children and children’s children. (My wife and I had entered a partnership, on her unexpectedly becoming pregnant a few years previously, to attempt to rear our children ideally. I had myself for instance visited the Trobriand Islands, as well as other societies that were then acknowledgely paradisal, and read extensively everything possibly relevant -- and of course I had been reared, as had she, in the knowledge of the christian gospel, which was clearly utopian in aspiration. And I had been much impressed by A.S.Neill’s free school. Our first child we called Laotse, in tribute to the ancient chinese classic tao te ching attributed to the sage LaoTse, who teaches a non-worldly simplicity and sense, and so on.) The result was that my mind was forced logically to consider the possibility that it is in my (wholly natural) person that "christ" had been reborn, to fulfil the best prophesies of our species. Then that same spirit of compassion and understanding recorded in his case would inevitably come to reign in us all. It was easy to suppose that what an earlier age had considered miraculous now yielded to our best understanding as natural, impossible to anticipate the difficulties that lay ahead for my family. Had I done so, I do not for one moment believe I should have accepted them, and so this present challenge to my fellows would not have come into existence -- for good or ill. Today I take that as one more example of the wonder of the logic of it all -- and most sincerely hope that my family’s isolation and social sufferings are near the end, with beneficial consequences for both species and environment. The proof of the pudding, as I have frequently commented in these difficult years, is in the eating. We shall see. And there I leave it for the moment, repeating only that it would be ever so much easier for me at least if I could discuss all this with interested parties rather than struggling to type into an unconcerned machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home